A Good and Edifying Relationship A good and edifying relationship is one where you love that person enough to be honest; honest about who you are, honest about what you plan to do and be, and honest about how you feel about him/her and what he/she does and says.Love includes the important ingredient in relationships, which is open and honest communication that is so vital to a healthy marital relationship one day.
· Develops a self-centered, feeling-oriented concept of love.
· Teaches people to break off relationships easily, conditioning them more for divorce than marriage.
If one is preparing for marriage and not able to communicate with your partner with transparency and vulnerability, then you need to be careful!
Communication is a crucial foundation to every marriage.
· Avoid romantic encounters until you are ready to commit to marriage. You will have the pleasure of learning romance with the one person you love in the Lord whom you will be blessed by it for the rest of your life with him or her!
· Do not accentuate on the physical but build up each other intellectually and spiritually in the Lord.
Here are some practical rules to consider that may be helpful: · Make a commitment to each other the emotions start rolling. Treat this lady/gentleman the same way you expect someone to treat your spouse!
· If you are in a room alone together, keep the door open!
Hence, someone in his/her mid-teens who start dating will have to expect a long courtship of a decade or more, which may not be healthy.
Be patient and wait for the seasons for life to naturally develop as God intends them to be.
Open and God honouring communication (Jas ) is necessary in order to understand what is truly motivating each other when you have differing points of view (Col 4:2).